click image for larger view
MSR Lightning Explore Snowshoes - Men's
Forecast shmorecast. With the MSR Men’s Lightning Explore snowshoe, conditions are irrelevant. Get out for all day adventures no matter what kind of weather winter brings or what kind of terrain you encounter, thanks to the all-around traction, comfort, and versatility of this US-made Lightning Explore snowshoe. With aggressive 360-degree traction built right into the light and strong 7000 series aluminum frame and a Pivot crampon added under the toe, this snowshoe delivers stability and control whether you’re hiking up a steep pitch, across an icy traverse, or down a dicey stretch of the trail. The Hyperlink binding cradles your foot for comfortable support and tightens with precise ratchet straps that micro-adjust for the perfect fit—no mitten removal required—while the ballistic-grade fabric decking is durable and quiet. Customize your snowshoe to your natural stance with revolutionary Axis Gait Technology that allows you to adjust your binding laterally for an efficient parallel stride. The modular design gives you the adaptability of two snowshoes in one—use your standard Lightning Explore for a lighter, more maneuverable snowshoe on packed trails, and add the MSR 5” Lightning Tails (sold separately) for extra flotation in deep snow or when wearing a heavy pack. And when you get out into steep terrain, engage the Ergo Televator heel lift to reduce calf strain and fatigue on long climbs. New this year: a pair of extra-long 10” binding straps come included on the Men’s Lightning Explore for use with oversized boots. Available in 22”, 25”, and 30” sizes.
- MSR Men’s Lightning Explore snowshoe designed for steep and varied terrain in any conditions
- Available in 22”, 25”, and 30” sizes
- 360° Traction Frame with 7000-series aerospace-grade aluminum uses serrated teeth and torsional flex for unsurpassed traction even on ascents and traverses
- Pivot crampon adds biting teeth under toe for added traction in hardpack and ice
- HyperLink binding with two mitten-friendly ratchet straps and easy-on cradle offers stability, comfort, and micro-adjustment for a precise fit
- Axis Gait Technology provides 7 lateral adjustments to customize snowshoe bindings to your gait for an efficient parallel stride
- Versatile modular adaptability – use with MSR Lightning 5” snowshoe tails (sold separately) to add extra flotation in deep snow or with a heavy pack
- Ballistic-grade fabric decking is lightweight, durable, and quiet
- Ergo Televators reduce calf strain, improve traction on steep climbs, and engage easily with an MSR pole grip (sold separately)
- Bindings include optional 10” extra-long straps for use with very large men’s boot sizes
- 22” Load: Up to 180 lbs. (up to 250 lbs. with tails)
- 25” Load: 120-220 lbs. (up to 280 lbs. with tails)
- 30” Load: 150-280 lbs. (180-300+ lbs. with tails)
- Weight per pair: 3 lbs. 15 oz. (22”) / 4 lbs. 2 oz. (25”) / 4 lbs. 11 oz. (30”)
- Made in the USA
- MSR Lifetime Warranty
- MSR Lightning Explore snowshoe for women also available (sold separately)
You may also be interested in these items...
currently FREE on
orders of $50 & up!
Save Big $$$
*contiguous U.S. only
2017 SNOWSHOE GEAR IS LANDING NOW!
Tubbs, Atlas, MSR,
Louis Garneau, TSL, Black Diamond, Craft
accessories & more...
Please Contact Us for
additional savings on
school, military and
other volume orders.
Our commitment to offering the best selection of snowshoes at very competitive prices has earned us a reputation as one of the most knowledgeable dealers in the industry.
Much of this is due to a staff that enjoys the great outdoors as much as you do.
Visit our partners...