click image for larger view
Tubbs Flex Alp Backcountry Snowshoes
You can still call in sick on a beautiful winter day, but you don’t have to anymore. Designed to get you out into the backcountry no matter what conditions your real day off brings, the Tubbs Men’s Flex ALP snowshoe was born for steep terrain and variable conditions like hardpack and ice. The Viper 2.0 Toe crampon uses jagged carbon steel teeth to dig into snow, while the 3D-Curved Traction Rails offer unsurpassed traction on side slopes and steep pitches so you don’t fall on your face in front of your friends. ActiveFLEX bindings with patented Control Wings add support, comfort, and ease of use. The innovative FLEX tail is designed to help the snowshoe roll from heel to toe to mimic your natural gait and absorb shock to reduce impact on your joints, while the Torsion decking twists just enough to engage the traction and improve biomechanics on sidehill traverses. Accumulated snow sheds freely thanks to Rotating Toe Cord articulation, and shins are preserved with the built-in Rotation Limiter that keeps the tail from over-extending when you lift your foot. Employ the ActiveLift 19° heel lift on vertical climbs to reduce Achilles tendon strain and calf fatigue so your legs can have a little break without anyone knowing they need it. Available in 24” and 28” (XL) sizes. A women’s Tubbs Flex ALP is also available (sold separately).
- Tubbs Flex ALP backcountry snowshoe for men designed for steep ascents, variable terrain, and primarily hardpack or icy conditions
- Available in 24” or 28” (XL) sizes
- Proprietary Flex tail design allows the snowshoe to roll from heel to toe, enabling a more natural stride and absorbing heel strike shock to minimize impact on joints
- Viper 2.0 crampon with jagged carbon steel tooth construction enhances traction and responsiveness
- 3D-Curved Traction Rails provide unparalleled grip when traversing hardpack or icy side slopes and steep terrain
- Asymmetric ActiveFLEX bindings are easy to adjust, while integrated Control Wings add comfort and support
- Torsion decking with torsional articulation allows the snowshoe to flex for better traction and biomechanics on uneven footing
- Rotating Toe Cord: Rotation Limiter easily sheds snow without allowing the snowshoe to over-rotate
- ActiveLift 19° heel lift reduces strain on calves and Achilles tendons on steep climbs
- Weight per pair: 4.5 lbs. (24” length)
- Tubbs Women’s Flex ALP backcountry snowshoe also available (sold separately)
You may also be interested in these items...
currently FREE on
orders of $50 & up!
Save Big $$$
*contiguous U.S. only
2017 SNOWSHOE GEAR IS LANDING NOW!
Tubbs, Atlas, MSR,
Louis Garneau, TSL, Black Diamond, Craft
accessories & more...
Please Contact Us for
additional savings on
school, military and
other volume orders.
Our commitment to offering the best selection of snowshoes at very competitive prices has earned us a reputation as one of the most knowledgeable dealers in the industry.
Much of this is due to a staff that enjoys the great outdoors as much as you do.
Visit our partners...