click image for larger view
Tubbs Mountaineer Backcountry Snowhoes - Men's
Need the ultimate in backcountry access? The updated Tubbs Mountaineer snowshoe is for you! Whether on steep ascents, icy traverses, or rugged descents the Mountaineer backcountry snowshoe’s razor sharp 8-point carbon steel Anaconda toe crampon and Python heel crampon with improved braking will get you there. The ultra-precise Active Fit bindings center the foot with plenty of support, while the lightweight SoftTec decking provides reliable flotation without sacrificing durability. The ActiveLift 19° heel lift reduces calf and heel strain on extreme climbs, and the Pro-Step frame offers exceptional flotation with a lower nose that packs snow easily for breaking trail and an upturned tail that reduces impact. Pair that with an R2 Revolution Response articulation system that absorbs shock, flexes laterally for side-slope exploration, and delivers a full-step rotation for shedding snow, and you’re ready to tackle the gnarliest conditions in comfort!. Available in 25, 30, and 36” sizes. A women’s Tubbs Mountaineer is also available (sold separately).
- Tubbs Mountaineer snowshoe designed for steep backcountry terrain in all conditions.
- Available in 25”, 30”, and 36” sizes.
- Pro-Step frame with a longer rise, lower nose shape, and tapered tail improve flotation, reduce impact on your joints, and pack snow easily with each step.
- SoftTec decking is durable and lightweight for better flotation.
- R2 Revolution Response articulation system absorbs shock and flexes laterally for better traction and more natural foot positioning on side slopes, and the full rotation sheds snow with each step.
- ActiveFit Binding is asymmetric and gender-specific, with user-friendly Control Wings to align the foot and offer comfort, support, and control.
- ActiveLift 19° Heel Lift minimizes strain on calves and Achilles tendons for steep ascents, and is easily pulled up or down depending on terrain.
- Anaconda Toe crampon with 8-point razor sharp carbon steel teeth bites in for superior traction in all conditions.
- Python Heel Crampon aids in braking on steep descents.
- Weight per pair: 4.9 lbs. (25” size)
- Tubbs Womens Mountaineer also available (sold separately)
You may also be interested in these items...
Tubbs 3 Part Adjustable Snowshoe Poles
This packable snowshoe pole adds traction and stability to any outing, adjusts easily for the perfect fit on any terrain, collapses small enough to fit in most hiking packs, and features lightweight aluminum construction and durable carbon steel tips.
»view product detail page
currently FREE on
orders of $50 & up!
Save Big $$$
*contiguous U.S. only
2017 SNOWSHOE GEAR IS LANDING NOW!
Tubbs, Atlas, MSR,
Louis Garneau, TSL, Black Diamond, Craft
accessories & more...
Please Contact Us for
additional savings on
school, military and
other volume orders.
Our commitment to offering the best selection of snowshoes at very competitive prices has earned us a reputation as one of the most knowledgeable dealers in the industry.
Much of this is due to a staff that enjoys the great outdoors as much as you do.
Visit our partners...